Free fitness, training, nutrition, fat loss, and evidence-based health advice to transform your body with Steven Eskaf. Tune in to the latest research, interviews with exercise, diet, and medical professionals, and an entertaining mash-up of best practice and modern science, along with Q&A's and motivational content from the Head Coach of the MAX and Maxine’s Challenge.
Tuesday Nov 29, 2022
Tuesday Nov 29, 2022
Challenge Weekly Show #93: Online Communities, Nutritional Planning & Fitness Titles!
Welcome to the Weekly Challenge Show with Coach Steven Eskaf and Coach Nicoletta Ceppellini!
- What to do when you have sore feet
- Are you featured in our Community Highlights?
- Coach Nic offers advice for those who want to engage with our online communities
- Coach Steve explains the power of titles and language in your fitness journey
Questions from the Community
- Carley - Hi! I've been losing consistently this challenge at 1% on average each week, and have lost 5kg. I'm on rapid weight loss, and have been consistently doing within 12,000 step mark per day. I would like to aim to continue to lose weight between challenges, however looking for the rate to be closer to 0.3-0.5%. I would like to be a bit more relaxed in between the challenges, but not lose the habits I've been building during these last 2 challenges. If I looked at eating at moderate loss for weekdays, and steady at weekends, this would average out to 1658 per day, which is a deficit of 419 per day. Would this be an ok thing to do, bearing in mind that I won't be as strict on Christmas Day. I'm aiming to go back to rapid weight loss for the next challenge as well.
- Fletcher - Hey coaches! I'm sorry for asking so many questions about the one subject, just trying to get my head around it! Since the time frame between the two challenges is quite large, and I haven't quite shredded as much as I wanted, should I maintenance for 1-2 weeks after this challenge, then continue the shred until about 1 week before prep week, go maintenance ,then go for that bulking phase? I'm sorry for all these questions!!
- Lisa - Hi, I’m just after some advice on nutrition. Last week I injured my back and have pinched a nerve which has halted my first ever challenge unfortunately. I have continued following my nutrition plan and managed to keep up with my steps (although I am a lot slower). I am hoping to get to some arm weights later this week however they won’t be as heavy as before but I probably won’t get back to leg weights before the end of this challenge. As I said I have been following my nutrition plan including protein shakes but I have removed the protein bars as I didn’t think I needed them when the only exercise I am doing is walking. Is this the right thing to do?
- Raj - Hi there, Can I take creatine and acetyl l carnitine together ? Thanks, Rajeet
Do you have a question for the Challenge Weekly Show?
Find The Max and Maxine Challenge
On Instagram @m.challenge.official
For more information about the Challenge visit: